Thanksgiving in Lima

what's up y'all. so this week was all good and fun and all. we were working real hard to get some people with fecha ready for their baptism. so this week we have two people who are gonna get baptized this saturday. linda brahmon and isabel carmen and both are really cool. linda is a girl 11 years old daughter of a menos activo and isabel is someone who contacted us, about her grandson eloy. eloy is our best investigator tho. he understands everything and is changing his life like crazy. he was into drugs and all sorts or other good stuff like that. but its been two weeks since hes gone there and is reading the boook of mormon and went to church. so were excited. we are gonna put his fecha for the end of december if all goes good.

and ya tomorrow we have interviews with the president again. so ill talk to him and explain the problem wtih the foot and knee and well see if anything happens. if not i don't really care too much its not that bad and it wont kill me, or send me home.

i was wondering wen the 6th harry potter movie comes out somebody let me know. not that i can see it just wanna know if ill be back b4 the seventh one gets out.

on that note, i thought that this thursday was thanksgiving but apparently not. everyone was telling me today is ur country´s dia de gracias but they lied. i guess its this thursday. so have fun enjoying it cause that's the second holiday they don't celebrate in Peru. but don't really one of my favorites anyways

but since i got the request here are some things I'm grateful for

1- I'm grateful to be in peru cause that just cool to be able to say I'm in peru
2- I'm grateful for my family and friends obviously
3- I'm grateful for the church
4- I'm grateful for the catholics that yell at us wen we walk through their idol parades (they are really fanatics here in surco)
5- I'm grateful for the Jehovah's witnesses that visit us every Saturday morning
6- I'm grateful for smiles of little kids and just how cool all of them are
7- I'm grateful for food
8- I'm grateful for America and i hope u know how lucky u all are to be there (but its cool to visit the other places in the world)
9- I'm grateful that i have at least 8 things to be grateful for.
10- I'm grateful for all the emails and letters u all give me
11- I'm grateful for the investigators that we have
12- I'm grateful for change because through change we can exercise our agency to get better or worse (hopefully better)

so ya there is some things that I'm grateful for. there are a lot more, but the time thing ya know.

so this Sunday i gave a talk. basically spent all my time explaining the difference between member missionaries and us missionaries. the members all said that my spanish was really good. but it was hot and i was sweating. so it was kinda funny. like nervousness and hotness mix made for a sweaty elder. kinda sucked cause i hate sweat, like with a passion. but what can u do. they got the message and we are starting a new plan to involve the members in the work. cause if they don't get in the work the work will get really slow. so we are working with them a lot more now. o and something kinda funny was that they counselor gave me a paper saying my time was up. i used up all the time. i was excited. i don't know y but that's what happens when ur a missionary.

so that's all thanks everybody for all ur help and have a chill thanksgiving with turkey and other good stuff.

No comments: